Snack Sized Flaky Pastry Savory Sausage Rolls
Pork Beef mixed with various ingredients, seasoned and baked in a light and flaky puff pastry roll.
Great for parties and get togethers, or bring something different to a pot luck. Also includes a couple of dips, mustard/mayo or jalapeño ranch. The sausage rolls will reheat beautifully in 15 mins in the oven at 350F or can be eaten cold.
Order online for collection any day from either From Across the Pond in North Richland Hills, or Abbey Road Eatery and Ales in Plano on Thursdays and Sundays.
Choose from the following flavors:
- The English - Classic Pork, sage and onion
- The Irish - Pork, onion and 6 seasonings
- The Scottish - Beef, Onion and Mushroom
- The Welsh - Vegetarian - Sharp cheddar, potato and onion with Colman's Mustard
- The British - Pork, Sharp Cheddar, Wholegrain Mustard and onion
- The Texan - Beef, Jalapeño and Taco Seasoning
Brief History of Sausage Rolls
Wrapping meat in pastry traces its roots back to Roman times, popular throughout western Europe. The more modern version with rolled pastry, dates from the late 17thCentury in France, making its way over the English Channel to the UK and perfected in the early 18thCentury.
The sausage roll as we know it today is a British savory pastry snack, popular in Commonwealth nations and beyond. They are sold at retail outlets and are also available from bakeries as a popular take-away food. The leading British bakery chain Greggs, sells more than 140 million a year.
Today brought to you by the team at London Bus Food Company right here in the heart of DFW.